Saturday, August 24, 2013

Grant's COMBAT SIMULATION VIDEO in China's DaZu Long Dragon Lake Island

Grant's COMBAT SIMULATION in China's DaZu Long Dragon Lake Island.

I went on a company retreat last weekend and part of the activity was CS (combat simulation games). Its a step up from laser tag because, well, just watch... the island (take a boat to get there), the jungle, the empty brick houses/compound, etc. and the uniforms, etc. Although he is not seen much in the video, you do see the view from his camera during the battles while shooting (looks like a video game, first person lol).  Watch:

I have never sweat so much in my life. Salt water constantly going in my eyes. It was hot, humid, the clothes were hot, and the helmut was hot. Like war (what would I know?). My backpack when I finally took it off, was also dripping, yuck! I needed water, and lots of it.

Afterwards we had dinner, played board games into the night, etc

Comments
KEB That looks fun.

CS That is amazing! How fun! I even had Jason with me, we were both glued to the screen watching Chinese laser tag. Love you all! xoxo

SJ That looks like fun! Mostly the terrain.. You would have a more realistic experience of it was paintball though.. Funny coincidence, you were playing Halo music through the video, and at 2:25, the girls number is 117.. That's the main characters number in halo.. Nerd moment over!

GJ too funny SJ. I thought of you when I was there. I thought how much cool this would be to actually do paintball, for you, not for me because it hurts too much ha ha. At first I thought we were going to be doing paintball, because I just couldn't understand the language. But then it turned out to be this

GJ my favorite part was at 4:50 where I did a suicide run just charging into a bunch of people blazing guns, camera rolling LOL

KM are you a game designer? or are you being prepared for what could happen in the future there??

SJ I would be more worried about here in America Krista.. In fact, go find some combat simulation somewhere near you and prepare yourself..

JRT When 5 year olds can be kicked out of school for pointing a finger and saying "bang"... are there really CS in the USA?

No comments:

Post a Comment